The 5 Best Cheapest GPS Dog Trackers in the world 2019
Dog owners want to keep their four-legged best friends safe. That’s why they train them to stay in their yard, keep them on leashes when going for a walk, and take them to the vet regularly for checkups and care. But, let’s be honest. Even the most loving dog owners have lost their pet at one point and experienced nearly unbearable fear and anxiety. Indeed, one of the worst feelings in the world is not knowing where your dog is or if he is safe after he escapes your yard or gets loose when visiting family and friends.
Thanks to today’s advanced technology, dog owners can keep their dogs even safer by purchasing a GPS dog trackers. Now, you’ll be able to locate your dog and bring him home much more quickly.
We reviewed dozens of GPS dog trackers to identify the best of the best. We have carefully considered user reviews, GPS tracking features and functions, and wearability when picking the top dogs of GPS dog trackers.
#1. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
Price:- 79.95 $
Rating:- 4.3 star
The Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor creates GPS location and activity trackers for dogs and cats. This all-in-one tracker uses advanced GPS and cellular technology from America’s largest network to pinpoint your dog’s location anywhere in the United States; the result is your peace of mind. The device will record his data so that you can log onto the app to find out where he’s been for the last 24 hours and the battery can last up to 7 days between charges.
Along with tracking his location, it will also track his activity, just like the kind of fitness watch you may wear. You can set fitness and activity goals for him and that can go a long way in trying to maintain a healthy life for your pup. Bear in mind, this tracker does require a monthly subscription fee (plans start at $6.95) but for the price, you get a phenomenal product.
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor Key Features:
- Get proactive alerts via email, the app, or text notification when your dog leaves the safe place so you are aware of the breach before he gets too far away
- Nationwide coverage with subscriptions starting as ow as $6.95/month
- Follow your pet’s movements over the last 24 hours to learn where he went and when, as Whistle creates a new trip each time your dog leaves and returns to one of his places
- Track your dog’s activity and rest to gain valuable health information
Read More:- The Best 5 Healthy Dog Food
#2. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
Spy Tec provides state-of-the-art spy and surveillance equipment. While the Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker is not specifically made for dogs, it is small enough to clip onto the back of your dog’s collar or to attach to a harness; you could even secure it to his doggie pack, if you plan on taking him on your adventures.
This GPS tracker comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty, so you won’t ever have to worry about this product going south. You can track and map this tracker using Google Maps (and with a monthly fee) in real time so you know exactly where your pup is at that exact moment. You can even set your preferences to notify you via text or email should he step out of your pre-determined “safe zone,” (which is sometimes referred to as geo fencing).
Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker Key Features:
- Compact size to fit on your dog’s collar
- Track and map with Google Maps in real time using the internet
- Service costs $25/month with no activation or cancellation fees and no contracts
- Receive a text or an email when the tracker leaves your established geofence.
#3. Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag
Dynotag creates products with QR code smart labels to help you locate your most valuable possessions. Their Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag is not like other GPS dog trackers. This tag links to a private web page and provides a complete pet information management system with a simple scan. When someone scans the tag with a smartphone, the tag’s location immediately is delivered to the dog’s owner via passive GPS technology.
It comes in 4 different color choices (and less funny commentary if that’s more your style) so you’ll gt to pick which tag to pop on your dog’s collar. And at only 35.5mm by 30mm, your dog won’t even notice the addition to his collar. And, did we forget to mention? It’s only $16.95!
Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Pet Tag Key Features:
- Durable, waterproof, and impact-proof stainless steel construction with protective polymers on both sides
- Requires no batteries
- Owners can track each time the tag is scanned
- Lifetime subscription to pet information management system is included
- Easily input your information in your free dynotag.com account and secure it with a password
- Available in Blue “See Reverse to Contact My Parents,” Green “Help Me Get Home Safely,” Purple “Have Your People Call My People,” or Red “Oh Crap, I’m Lost”
#4. PawPrintsID GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag
PawPrintsID works to get lost dogs found fast, and their QR Smart GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag makes it possible. Owners receive instant GPS text messages and emails when someone finds your dog and scans his tag from anywhere in the world. If the person scanning your pup’s tag has a smart phone, his or her location will be immediately sent to you via Google maps.
This scan-able tag requires no subscriptions or monthly fees and using this tag and the technology we carry around in our pocket every day, you can take steps to make sure your dog gets home to you fast.
PawPrintsID GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag Key Features:
- Store your dog’s medical records and X-rays digitally on the tag to have access to them from anywhere, anytime
- Multi-pet aware
- Unlimited reminder alerts
- Store any photo or document in the PawPrintsID tag
- No activation fees, monthly or yearly subscriptions, or upgrade charges
#5. Pawscout – The Smarter Pet Tag – Pet Tracker for Dogs & Cats
- ENSURES YOUR PET’S WELLBEING
- PROVIDES COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- KEEPS A FULL DIGITAL PROFILE
- INSTANT NOTIFICATIONS
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Who Should Buy a GPS Dog Trackers?
There are plenty of motivations for buying a GPS dog tracker for your dog.
The primary one is, of course, concern for your dog. If you’re worried he may get lost or bolt on you when you take your eyes off him for a moment, then it may be a good idea to find yourself some added peace of mind.
A GPS tracker will insure that no matter where your dog goes, there is technology on him to locate him. You may have a relatively well behaved dog, but most dogs are just one poorly timed squirrel away from misbehavior and a tracking unit can help make sure he comes home safe.
Even if your dog doesn’t typically run off, it’s still a great idea to have a GPS dog trackers on him for a wide range of “just in case” scenarios.
You’ll want to know where he goes, just in case he gets hurt. What if there’s a female neighbor dog that he has a keen interest in? You don’t want your dog to be a father before he’s ready! And, even if you have no real concerns for even the “just in case” scenarios, aren’t you curious where he goes when you let him wander?