The truth is that oatmeal is a great nutritional supplement for your dog! It is also natural, economic and … Simple to prepare!
If your pet does not have any type of allergy, oatmeal is one of the best things you can give it.
The first thing you should know about oats is that it is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. For all this, it is highly recommended to give it to dogs, but in its proper measure!
Getting oatmeal is very easy! You can find it in any supermarket or mall (in general in any feeding place).
Just like we tell you that oats have many benefits for your pet, we also tell you, be careful! Some dogs do not tolerate this food. So if you want to give it to your dog, the first time, try to be specially attentive!
Benefits to your dog
- Less heavy digestions
- Regulates intestinal transit
- It has relaxing properties
- Keep your pet’s hair and skin healthy
- Reduce the colesterol
- Diuretic properties
- Keeps the heart in good condition
How can I give oatmeal to my dog?
There are two main ways:
1. Putting oats in its food: remember that you must cook it first.
How is oatmeal cooked?
Cook the oats in water until it swells and acquires the texture of a porridge. When you have cooked the oats, keep it in a cold place. Remember, cook it only in water! Do not add sugar or milk.
2. Making baths in oats: this is one of the most unknown uses of oats. Add a little oatmeal cooked in the water you use to bathe your dog. Its hair and skin will stay much softer!
How much oatmeal should I give to my dog?
The recommended amount of oatmeal varies depending on the weight of your pet! If your dog weighs 7 kilos, give it half a spoon, if it weighs 15 kilos, give it a spoon, and if he weighs 30 kilos you can give it 2 spoons.
Can all dogs eat oats?
The answer is simple: NO.
If your dog has:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Digestive problems
- Food allergies
If something happens to your pet, please check with the veterinarian first!
- Puppies under 6 months of age should not take oatmeal! Their digestive system, is not yet prepared for this food.
If your dog has dermatitis, it is highly recommended that you do oatmeal baths, however, do not hesitate to consult with the veterinarian!